The mayor of Burlington says the city police chief is out of the hospital and resting comfortably at home, following a bicycle crash that caused serious injuries
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The mayor of Burlington says the city police chief is out of the hospital and resting comfortably at home following a bicycle crash that caused serious injuries.
Democratic Mayor Miro Weinberger said Tuesday that Brandon del Pozo was discharged from University of Vermont Medical Center. The Burlington Free Press reports del Pozo was admitted into intensive care over the weekend, where he was treated for a concussion, a broken collar bone and right shoulder bone and road rash abrasions.
Burlington Police did not immediately have any further information on when del Pozo will return to work. Deputy Police Chief Shawn Burke says city police officers are very happy that del Pozo has rebounded so quickly.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com