Authorities say a body found in the Susquehanna River over the weekend may have been there for several months
DALMATIA, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a body found in the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania over the weekend may have been there for several months.
PennLive.com reports that state police say a kayaker spotted the body at about 7 p.m. Saturday in the river in Northumberland County.
Investigators say the body was lodged in debris from the previously receded high waters at Zeigler Island, which is southwest of Dalatia in Lower Mahanoy Township.
State police say the level of decomposition indicates that the body appears to have been in the water for several months. The remains haven’t been identified and the investigation is continuing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine