NEW YORK (AP) — Police have arrested a man suspected of cutting off his pregnant wife’s arm during a dispute in Brooklyn.
The New York Police Department says the 35-year-old man was arrested near Niagara Falls late Saturday night. He is facing a charge of first-degree assault.
Police say the man severed the 35-year-old woman’s right arm just above the elbow in the attack in Sunset Park on Thursday afternoon. She also lost two fingers from her other hand.
The woman was hospitalized, and officials say her arm has been successfully reattached.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Police say the woman and the baby she’s carrying are in stable condition.