Orlando City Soccer Club says head coach Jason Kreis has agreed to leave the team
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Orlando City Soccer Club has parted ways with head coach Jason Kreis.
The Lions announced Friday that assistant coach Bobby Murphy will lead the team while the club conducts a comprehensive search for a new head coach.
Orlando City CEO Alex Leitao said in a statement that it was a difficult decision, but it was made with the best future of the organization in mind.
Assistant coaches C.J. Brown and Miles Joseph have also left the Club by mutual agreement.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Kreis joined Orlando City halfway through the Club’s second year in Major League Soccer in July 2016. Since then, the Lions built a 21-29-14 MLS record and 1-1-0 in the U.S. Open Cup. The team is currently in the sixth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot.