A former Boy Scouts leader in Ohio who pleaded guilty to grooming and sexually abusing a male troop member has received eight years in prison
CLEVELAND (AP) — A former Ohio Boy Scouts leader who pleaded guilty to grooming and sexually abusing a troop member has received eight years in prison.
Cleveland.com reports 30-year-old Aaron Robertson apologized before sentencing Tuesday in Cleveland. He pleaded guilty last month to multiple counts of sexual battery and gross sexual imposition.
The boy was 13 when he reported the abuse in 2016. The teen was in the courtroom. He submitted a letter that said he and other scouts in the Olmsted Falls troop looked up to Robertson, a volunteer firefighter and auxiliary police officer. He wrote that small touches by Robertson led to the sexual abuse.
Robertson’s attorney argued for a shorter prison term saying the sex was consensual. Robertson must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them