NY issues air quality health advisory for NYC, parts of NY
NEW YORK (AP) — The hot weather is coming with an air quality health advisory.
The state Department of Environmental Conseration and the Department of Health are warning residents in the New York City metro area, the lower Hudson Valley, Eastern Lake Ontario and western New York about ground level pollution that can increase in hot weather.
Officials recommend that young children, people who exercise or work outdoors or who have respiratory diseases like asthma should limit outside activity especially in the afternoon and evening when ground-level ozone levels tend to be at their highest.
The advisory is until 11 p.m. Sunday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them