Kentucky has named a new leader for its child welfare agency
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky has named a new leader for its child welfare agency.
A statement from the Cabinet for Health and Family Services says Elizabeth Caywood has been named acting commissioner of the Department for Community Based Services.
Cabinet for Health and Family Services spokesman Doug Hogan says Caywood has 19 years of experience with the agency, most recently as chief of staff for Commissioner Adria Johnson, who recently announced she was stepping down.
Johnson’s departure comes amid continuing turnover at the human services cabinet under the administration of Gov. Matt Bevin administration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
- Asia Argento, who accused Harvey Weinstein, made deal with her own accuser
Caywood said she is honored to serve in the role and can contribute a unique perspective on making improvements at the agency.