An Alabama musician who said on social media that he'd like to shoot immigrants attempting to enter the United States says he's losing work because of the post
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama musician who said on social media that he’d like to shoot immigrants attempting to enter the United States says he’s losing work because of the post.
Birmingham guitarist Phillip McCain said on Facebook that he doesn’t have any sympathy for immigrants trying to enter the country, even those seeking asylum. In the same post, he called liberalism a “mental disorder.”
The post went viral. McCain tells al.com he has since lost his job with a band, plus $3,000 in future performance fees and three solo shows.
McCain says he was only expressing his opinion that he wants to protect the United States’ borders at any cost.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
A Mexican restaurant was one of the venues that canceled a McCain show. The manager says he’s an immigrant and has a diverse clientele, and he feared McCain’s presence would hurt business.