KINGSLAND, Ga. (AP) — Police say the mother of a baby found dead in a car last week has been arrested in southeast Georgia.
The Kingsland Police Department told news outlets that 28-year-old Rhae Odum was arrested Tuesday after her 7-month-old son was discovered inside a car outside a motel on June 19. The mother is charged with involuntary manslaughter and child cruelty.
Police say temperatures were in the 90s before thunderstorms.
Odum is being held at the Camden County Sheriff’s Office.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses