BIG SUR, Calif. (AP) — An Oregon woman who vanished last week in California has been found injured after her Jeep went over a cliff near Big Sur.
Monterey County sheriff’s Cmdr. John Thornburg tells the San Francisco Chronicle that 23-year-old Angela Hernandez of Portland was spotted Friday night by a couple walking near Highway 1.
He says the woman had an injured shoulder. However, authorities say she was alert and was walking on a remote beach when rescuers reached her.
Hernandez was last seen south of Half Moon Bay on July 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Family members said she had been driving from Portland to her sister’s home in Lancaster in Southern California.