BIG SUR, Calif. (AP) — An Oregon woman who vanished last week in California has been found injured after her Jeep went over a cliff near Big Sur.
Monterey County sheriff’s Cmdr. John Thornburg tells the San Francisco Chronicle that 23-year-old Angela Hernandez of Portland was spotted Friday night by a couple walking near Highway 1.
He says the woman had an injured shoulder. However, authorities say she was alert and was walking on a remote beach when rescuers reached her.
Hernandez was last seen south of Half Moon Bay on July 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
Family members said she had been driving from Portland to her sister’s home in Lancaster in Southern California.