DENVER (AP) — A man who was wearing claw-like gloves and clown-style makeup has been found guilty of stabbing a man to death in Denver.
The Denver District Attorney’s office says a jury on Monday found 37-year-old Christian Gulzow guilty of second-degree murder, following a four-day trial.
Prosecutors say Gulzow fatally stabbed 29-year-old Brian Lucero in the parking lot of a Denver restaurant in May 2017.
Police have said that witnesses reported seeing a man with white clown makeup with black streaks threatening Lucero in a nearby convenience store.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
Authorities have said Gulzow followed Lucero when he left the store. Lucero was found with a stab wound to his neck.
Gulzow is scheduled to be sentenced on Aug. 10. The district attorney’s office says he faces up to 48 years in prison.