Two children have been wounded and a man shot to death outside a home on Detroit's east side
DETROIT (AP) — Two children have been wounded and a man shot to death outside a home on Detroit’s east side.
Police say two men ran toward the 34-year-old man about 7:40 a.m. Wednesday and fired multiple shots as he stood at the driver’s door of a vehicle. The children were inside the vehicle.
A 10-year-old girl was shot in the shoulder and a 14-year-old boy was hit in the face with bullet fragments. A 12-year-old boy in the vehicle was not wounded. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police Commander Eric Decker says the children’s mother ran from the house and drove them to a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
- California storm moving out after battering state for 3 days VIEW
He says about a dozen shots were fired from a high-powered handgun or rifle. No arrests have been made.