A southwest Missouri man who met a 13-year-old girl through the anonymous chat app Whisper has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for statutory rape
JOPLIN, Mo. (AP) — A southwest Missouri man who met a 13-year-old girl through the anonymous chat app Whisper has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for statutory rape.
The Joplin Globe reports that 26-year-old Timothy Bailey Jr., of Joplin, admitted Wednesday to the crime under a plea in which other child sex charges were dropped.
Police said he contacted the girl in June 2017, initially through Whisper. Bailey had sex with the girl at his residence and was arrested the following morning after police issued an endangered person advisory for her.
He was free on bond at the time for attempting to have sex with a 15-year-old in 2015. He’ll be allowed to serve the new sentence at the same time as the four-year sentence he’s currently serving for the earlier case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
Information from: The Joplin (Mo.) Globe, http://www.joplinglobe.com