Police say a Pennsylvania man suspected of public intoxication abandoned his daughter at an ice cream shop
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania man suspected of public intoxication abandoned his daughter at an ice cream shop, and then fought with officers in an attic where he was hiding before falling through the ceiling.
State police responded to a Dairy Queen in Fallowfield Township Thursday after the man walked in with his daughter. Employees reported the man was making odd statements and falling asleep at the cash register.
Troopers tried to arrest the man, but he slammed the shop’s door on an officer and ran away without his daughter.
Investigators tracked the man to his sister’s home, where he was found hiding in the attic. The man fought police again, and he was arrested after they fell through the ceiling.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The man is facing multiple assault and public drunkenness charges.