CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) — The federal corruption retrial of a former top Long Island official and his wife will begin Oct. 9.
U.S. District Judge Joan Azrack set the date Thursday for former Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano and his wife, Linda.
Their first trial ended in a mistrial in May. A jury in Central Islip (EYE’-slihp) failed to reach a verdict after nine days of deliberations.
Prosecutors say they’ll retrial the Manganos on all charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
An indictment alleges that the Republican politician helped Long Island businessman Harendra Singh obtain guaranteed loans in exchange for lavish gifts.
Prosecutors say Linda Mangano was given a $100,000-a-year, no-show job at one of Singh’s restaurants.
The Manganos said that any favors were because of their personal ties with Singh.