A judge has set a $5,000 bond for a Maryland man facing charges of sexual abuse of a minor
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — A judge has set a $5,000 bond for a Maryland man facing charges of sexual abuse of a minor.
The Herald-Mail has identified the suspect as 58-year-old Dru Darren Brown of Hagerstown. According to the newspaper, a statement of charges says Brown has admitted to engaging in unwanted sexual conduct with a teenage girl on three occasions in the Maryland city.
Prosecutors asked the court to continue holding Brown without bond to protect the victim. But District Judge Mark D. Thomas chose to set bond at $5,000 and ordered Brown to have no contact with anyone younger than 18 and wear an electronic monitoring device.
Brown has a preliminary hearing set for July 12. He’s charged with various sex offenses and an assault charge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- A child abductee's journey back
A lawyer for Brown could not immediately be reached.
Information from: The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md., http://www.herald-mail.com