NEW YORK (AP) — Transgender rights activist and television star Jazz Jennings says she is doing great following gender confirmation surgery.
The 17-year-old “I Am Jazz” star posted a photo of herself in a hospital gown on Instagram . She thanked followers for their “love and support.”
In a YouTube video earlier this month, she said she was looking forward to the surgery and had been ready for it “my entire life.”
Jennings has been the star of the TLC show since 2015. She and her parents co-founded the TransKids Purple Rainbow Foundation, which helps transgender youth, in 2007.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations