A 21-year-old Hot Springs man has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder for a slaying more than a year ago
HOT SPRING, Ark. (AP) — A 21-year-old Hot Springs man has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder for a slaying more than a year ago.
Authorities had arrested Demetrius Tyree Perry in April 2017 for the killing of 32-year-old Charles David Hill but that second-degree murder charge was dropped two months later pending additional investigation.
Police found an unoccupied car with a large amount of blood around it at an accident scene. A phone call led them to Hill, who had been shot and later died.
Perry was identified as the driver of the car. He also had been shot and was treated at a hospital. Court documents show the men argued over drugs and the gun went off during a fight inside the car.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Perry is held in Garland County on $100,000 bond.