Haunted History Trail of New York recognized for excellence in marketing and public relations
BATAVIA, N.Y. (AP) — The Haunted History Trail of New York has been recognized for excellence in marketing and public relations.
The statewide tourism trail earned one first-place award and one award of excellence at the Rochester PRism Awards ceremony on Thursday.
Social channels promoting the trail saw growth across the board, including nearly 40 percent page growth on Facebook, 22 percent on Twitter, and more than 90 percent engagement growth on Instagram, with events selling out and new visitors traveling the trail.
The trail features attractions from almost every region of New York and includes haunted dining, ghost hunts, and sleepovers in haunted inns.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
The PRism Awards are given annually by the Rochester chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.