A Gloucester County resident has been crowned Miss New Jersey
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) — A Gloucester County resident has been crowned Miss New Jersey.
Jaime Gialloreto’s won the title Saturday night at the Ocean City Music Pier, beating out 27 other contestants.
It was the second time the 19-year-old Woolwich Township resident had competed in the pageant. She was the third-runner-up last year.
Her platform was “Don’t Get Nutty: Food Allergy Awareness.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The win gives Gialloreto a spot in the Miss America pageant, which will be held Sept. 9 in Atlantic City.
Last year’s winner was Egg Harbor Township resident Kaitlyn Schoeffel.