BERLIN (AP) — An opinion poll for Germany’s public broadcaster ZDF finds most Germans don’t think the United States is a reliable partner in safeguarding Europe’s security.
Of the 1,340 respondents in the survey published Friday, 9 percent said they think the United States under President Donald Trump is a reliable partner and 89 percent doubted the reliability of the U.S. The remainder of those surveyed said they didn’t know.
The findings were similar across the political spectrum.
The phone survey was conducted between July 9 and July 12 by the polling group Forschungsgruppe Wahlen. It had a margin of error of up to 3 percent.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks