BERLIN (AP) — An opinion poll for Germany’s public broadcaster ZDF finds most Germans don’t think the United States is a reliable partner in safeguarding Europe’s security.
Of the 1,340 respondents in the survey published Friday, 9 percent said they think the United States under President Donald Trump is a reliable partner and 89 percent doubted the reliability of the U.S. The remainder of those surveyed said they didn’t know.
The findings were similar across the political spectrum.
The phone survey was conducted between July 9 and July 12 by the polling group Forschungsgruppe Wahlen. It had a margin of error of up to 3 percent.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'