BERLIN (AP) — An opinion poll for Germany’s public broadcaster ZDF finds most Germans don’t think the United States is a reliable partner in safeguarding Europe’s security.
Of the 1,340 respondents in the survey published Friday, 9 percent said they think the United States under President Donald Trump is a reliable partner and 89 percent doubted the reliability of the U.S. The remainder of those surveyed said they didn’t know.
The findings were similar across the political spectrum.
The phone survey was conducted between July 9 and July 12 by the polling group Forschungsgruppe Wahlen. It had a margin of error of up to 3 percent.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH