A former spokesman for the Birmingham Police Department is jailed on allegations that he sexually abused a teenage relative
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A former spokesman for the Birmingham Police Department is jailed on allegations that he sexually abused a teenage relative.
Police Lt. Pete Williston was arrested Monday afternoon after police in Morris charged him with rape.
Al.com reports that Williston checked himself into a hospital over the weekend, and District Attorney Mike Anderson says Williston was taken into custody following his release.
Willison previously served as the department spokesman, and he was most recently an interim precinct commander.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Court records aren’t available to show whether Williston has a lawyer to speak on his behalf.
Police in Morris say a female relative of Williston reported being sexually abused by the officer over a three-year period ending in 2011.