A Florida Highway Patrol officer struck and killed a pedestrian while trying to pull over a vehicle
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida Highway Patrol officer struck and killed a pedestrian while trying to pull over a vehicle.
WTLV-TV reports officer Kenneth Montgomery was traveling on U.S. Highway 1 in St. Augustine in a marked patrol car at about 2 a.m. Sunday when 33-year-old Vincent Kinslow walked into his path. Kinslow wasn’t using a crosswalk.
Kinslow later died at a hospital.
Investigators said Montgomery is part of FHP’s DUI patrol and was trying to track down a driver when the accident happened. An FHP press release said investigators are trying to determine if Kinslow was drinking.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
Information from: WTLV-TV, http://www.wtlv.com/