Authorities in Tulsa say an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper has shot and wounded a man during a traffic stop
TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Authorities in Tulsa say an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper has shot and wounded a man during a traffic stop.
Details are sketchy but the highway patrol says the shooting occurred near a Tulsa freeway. A man in the car jumped out and ran, was chased down by the trooper and was shot during an ensuing struggle.
Officials say the gunshot victim, whose name hasn’t been released, is being treated at a hospital. His condition isn’t known.
Authorities say a handgun and what’s believed to be narcotics have been recovered from the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog