The Daniel Boone National Forest says it is waiving recreation fees at Natural Arch Scenic Area for one day
WINCHESTER, Ky. (AP) — The Daniel Boone National Forest says it is waiving recreation fees at Natural Arch Scenic Area for one day.
The Forest Service says those who visit the arch on National Get Outdoors Day, which is Saturday, won’t have to pay a fee to use the area in McCreary County, Kentucky.
The main attraction is Natural Arch, a sandstone span that stretches nearly 100 feet (30 meters). The area also has an overlook where visitors have a panoramic view of the arch and surrounding forest. There are also picnic shelters, play areas and more than 6 miles (10 kilometers) of hiking trails.
National Get Outdoors Day was launched in 2008 and encourages adults and children to participate in healthy outdoor activities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19