LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner has been arrested after police say he broke into the Southern California house of an ex-girlfriend who has a restraining order against him.
Police say Browner broke into the house, threatened to kill the woman and stole a Rolex watch valued at about $20,000.
The 33-year-old was arrested Sunday in La Verne, which is about 30 miles east of Los Angeles.
Browner is from nearby Pomona and played football for Oregon State before signing with the Seattle Seahawks in 2011. He later played for the New England Patriots when they won the Super Bowl.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Browner was previously arrested for domestic violence.
It wasn’t immediately clear if he had a lawyer.