ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A former defensive end for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the University of Alabama has been arrested on drug charges in Florida.
Pinellas County Jail records show 50-year-old Keith McCants was arrested early Monday near St. Petersburg. He’s charged with a felony count of possession of crack cocaine and driving with a revoked or suspended license. He bonded out of jail, but records don’t list a lawyer.
Jail records show multiple arrests since 2010. His most recent arrest was in January, for driving with a suspended license. Court records show he faces a July 10 court date.
McCants made the All-America Team at Alabama and was selected fourth overall by the Buccaneers in the 1990 NFL Draft. His career ended in 1995. He also played for the Oilers and Cardinals.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.