A former NBA player from Georgia has been arrested for an armed robbery
NEWNAN, Ga. (AP) — A former NBA player from Georgia has been arrested for an armed robbery.
Coweta County Sheriff spokesman Jimmy Yarbrough tells news outlets 29-year-old James Edward “JJ” Hickson Jr. was arrested Friday and is being held without bond. It was unknown if he has an attorney.
Yarbrough says Hickson was charged in connection with a home invasion. He says at least two people were involved, but only Hickson faces charges.
Hickson was a standout basketball player at Joseph Wheeler High School in Marietta and attended North Carolina State before being drafted in 2008 by the Cleveland Cavaliers. He also played for the Sacramento Kings, Portland Trail Blazers, Denver Nuggets and Washington Wizards throughout his eight-year career. He most recently played basketball overseas for the Lebanon Champville SC team.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- 'Whoa, that's not right': Georgia towns lead census appeals
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations