The former boyfriend of a woman who was found stabbed to death at the Belmont Park racetrack on New York's Long Island has been arrested on a murder charge
ELMONT, N.Y. (AP) — The former boyfriend of a woman who was found stabbed to death at the Belmont Park racetrack on New York’s Long Island has been arrested on a murder charge.
Nassau (NAS’-saw) County police say 53-year-old Jose Franco-Martinez was arrested at the scene where the 51-year-old woman was found with multiple stab wounds early Sunday morning.
Police say the victim worked in the stable as a hot walker, a person who walks horses after a workout. Her name has not been released.
Security personnel at the racetrack discovered the crime scene while investigating a loose horse.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘It’s ugly out there’: Rail thefts leave LA tracks littered with pilfered packages
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
Franco-Martinez will be arraigned in Hempstead on Monday. Information on his lawyer wasn’t immediately available.
Belmont Park is home to the Belmont Stakes, the third and final race that makes up horseracing’s Triple Crown.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com