MILTON, Mass. (AP) — A onetime Massachusetts boarding school teacher returned to the U.S. from Thailand has pleaded not guilty to child rape charges.
The Norfolk District Attorney’s office says 72-year-old Reynold Buono left Milton Academy in 1987 and had been living in southeast Asia for a number of years.
Prosecutors say Buono was arraigned Wednesday on three counts of rape of a child and three counts of rape of a child with force involving one student. He was named in sealed indictments last year.
Milton Academy said in February 2017 that independent investigators had determined Buono molested at least a dozen male students. He headed the school’s theater program for more than a decade.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
- A Nike executive seeks a family’s forgiveness for a 1965 murder
An attorney for Buono rejected the findings of the investigation at the time. Buono has opted to postpone bail argument until July 18. He is ordered held without bail until then.