A spray of mace has sent a dozen people to a Massachusetts hospital
WESTWOOD, Mass. (AP) — A spray of mace has sent a dozen people to a Massachusetts hospital.
WBZ-TV reports mace was accidentally discharged inside women’s apparel store Frugal Fannie’s in Westwood on Monday afternoon.
Fire officials say 11 people inside the store and one firefighter have been hospitalized. One woman tells the station people were coughing a lot.
The discharge is not regarded to be suspicious. The store will re-open shortly. No further information is available on who was carrying the mace.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
Westwood is 16 miles southwest of Boston.
Information from: WBZ-TV, http://cbsboston.com