A Detroit woman has been faces felony charges after her car struck and killed a construction worker last week
DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit woman has been faces felony charges after her car struck and killed a construction worker.
The Detroit Free Press reports that the charges against 22-year-old Samiya Speed include operating a vehicle while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license and careless driving in a work zone causing death.
Speed was driving on Interstate I-75 near Warren in Detroit at about 1:45 a.m. on June 14 when her car entered a construction zone and struck a 57-year-old David Snell of Bay City as he was helping another worker hook up a trailer to a pickup truck.
The crash caused Speed’s car to roll over. She was arrested by Michigan State Police troopers at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Pittsburgh bridge collapses, drops city bus into ravine
- Meet Willow, the long-awaited new White House cat
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway