A young Delaware woman has been killed after she was struck by a car when running across a highway
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A young Delaware woman has been killed after she was struck by a car when running across a highway.
The 25-year-old woman fatally struck on U.S. 13 in Dover has been identified as Larissa Tallhamer. The News Journal in Wilmington reported Saturday that Tallhamer was propelled into the left lane of the highway when she ran into the path of a Chevrolet Silverado headed north.
According to police, Tallhamer was wearing dark clothes with no reflective material at the time she was hit late Friday.
The newspaper say U.S. 13 was closed for roughly four hours following the deadly crash. Authorities are investigating. The driver of the Silverado managed to bring his car to a controlled stop.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com