A Kentucky woman's daughter and son-in-law have been charged in her death
LONDON, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky woman’s daughter and son-in-law have been charged in her death.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root said in a statement Tuesday that Christie Elizabeth McFadden is charged with complicity to commit murder and her husband, Joseph Craig McFadden, is charged with murder in the slaying of 58-year-old Sherry Rose.
News outlets cited court documents saying Rose was reported missing on Monday and detectives investigating the case found a body early Tuesday that they think is Rose.
The sheriff’s statement says detectives believe Rose was stabbed during a June 15 altercation involving her daughter and son-in-law. Authorities say the couple then purchased mops, bleach and ammonia to clean up before dumping the body in a rural location.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Christie McFadden told WLEX-TV that her mother attacked her and stabbed herself when Joseph McFadden tried to break up the fight.