BRECKNOCK, Pa. (AP) — A New York City man who was in a vehicle that overturned on the Pennsylvania Turnpike was killed after he got out of the vehicle and it was hit by a passing tractor-trailer.
Pennsylvania state police say the crash occurred around 2:20 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes in Brecknock.
The 25-year-old Brooklyn resident and two other people safely got out of the vehicle when it overturned. A commercial vehicle and another car stopped at the scene to assist.
State police say the tractor-trailer soon hit the overturned vehicle and the other car, and the Brooklyn man was struck and killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Authorities say the two other people who had been in the overturned car then fled the scene.
Three other people sustained minor injuries.