Authorities have identified a man who was killed in a gunfight with Denver police as 29-year-old Camell Nelson
DENVER (AP) — Authorities have identified a man who was killed in a gunfight with Denver police as 29-year-old Camell Nelson.
The Denver Post reports Nelson was identified Friday by the Denver coroner.
Nelson shot one of the officers in the leg during the confrontation, which occurred Wednesday when two officers responded to a report of a robbery.
The wounded officer was treated at a hospital and released. The officer’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police Chief Robert White said the officers were on bicycle patrol near the state Capitol when a person who saw the robbery called them over to the store.
Two bystanders suffered minor injuries in the incident but no details have been released.
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com