PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Columbia Sportswear CEO Tim Boyle says Oregon has a green and clean image, and that should extend to its highways.
The help the cause, Boyle just donated $146,000 to the Oregon Department of Transportation to remove litter from Portland highways. The money will allow the state to clean up litter more frequently along U.S. 26 and Interstate 405.
Boyle and state transportation officials announced the plan in a news release this week.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that it appears to be the first time a private donor has cut a check to the state for this type of project.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com