A routine bike ride for Burlington's police chief led to a crash that put him in a hospital, but he is expected to recover
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A bike crash in New York has hospitalized Burlington’s police chief.
Police Chief Brandon del Pozo crashed Saturday while riding his bicycle in Keene, New York. WCAX-TV reports he was taken to the University of Vermont Medical Center after the crash, where he was treated in the intensive care unit.
Officials say del Pozo suffered a head injury and broken bones, but is expected to make a full recovery.
The department says Deputy Police Chief Jan Wright is serving as acting chief while del Pozo recovers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com