BAKU, Azerbaijan (AP) — A British Airways flight carrying 214 people from London to Mumbai made an emergency landing at a Baku airport on Thursday. No one was hurt.
The captain of flight BAW199 requested an emergency landing at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev airport after a failure of the left engine on the Boeing-777, the airport said.
The airline said in a statement that the decision to divert the plane was made “following a technical issue.”
The plane landed safely at around 6:30 a.m. local time. The passengers were taken to the airport’s transit zone and were given food and drink, according to the airport.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Branson mourns for 17 killed in sinking of packed duck boat WATCH
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
British Airways said it is trying to get a new aircraft for the passengers and get them on the way as soon as possible.