Mohave County Sheriff's officials say the body of a Phoenix man has been recovered from Lake Havasu
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. (AP) — Mohave County Sheriff’s officials say the body of a Phoenix man has been recovered from Lake Havasu.
They say 45-year-old Rosario Carreon went swimming in the North Basin area of the lake last Saturday after jumping off a rented pontoon boat.
Sheriff’s officials say winds blew the unanchored boat away and Carreon began to struggle while swimming before going under the water.
Search crews and divers couldn’t find the body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
A boater reported seeing a body floating in the North Basin west of the Lake Havasu State Park on Tuesday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies confirmed it to be that of Carreon.
The body has been transferred to the county Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the cause of death.