Police in South Salt Lake say an armed man has been fatally shot by officers after he killed an elderly woman and critically injured her husband
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah (AP) — Police in South Salt Lake say an armed man has been fatally shot by officers after he killed an elderly woman and critically injured her husband.
They say a man took a couple in their late 70s or early 80s hostage at a home around 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
Unified police’s SWAT team and South Salt Lake officers responded to the scene.
South Salt Lake Police Chief Jack Curruth told the Deseret News that the suspect was fatally shot through a window.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
It’s not immediately clear how many officers fired or what prompted them to shoot.
Police entered the house and found an elderly woman dead and her husband injured.
Their names haven’t been released by police and neither has the name of the suspect.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com