Outdoor power equipment company Ariens Specialty Brands is closing its plant in Janesville by the end of the year, idling 140 employees
JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) — Outdoor power equipment company Ariens Specialty Brands is closing its plant in Janesville by the end of the year, idling 140 employees.
WKOW-TV reports the layoffs come as Ariens announced it will exit the direct marketing business in an effort to focus on its core power equipment business.
It has signed agreements to sell two of the three brands that make up the division and it continues to explore options on the third. Company officials met with employees in Janesville on Tuesday. Eligible employees will be provided with a severance package based on the number of years of service.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Information from: WKOW-TV, http://www.wkow.com