ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A search is underway for a small airplane headed to McCarthy with two people on board.
A pilot and his wife took off in a Piper PA-18 Super Cub. Their route took the airplane south of Fairbanks.
The Alaska Air National Guard in a release says it launched a search Monday morning after a family member called the Rescue Coordination Center.
The guard says their crews were joined by four Civil Air Patrol aircraft, two Marine Corps aircraft, aircraft from the National Park Service and volunteer pilots.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Searching ended by 10 p.m. Monday and was to resume Tuesday.