Newly released court documents say a former Kansas teacher who also worked as a law enforcement officer had sex with a 17-year-old girl at school
MAIZE, Kan. (AP) — Newly released court documents say a former Kansas teacher who also worked as a law enforcement officer had sex with a 17-year-old girl at school.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the affidavit released Wednesday says 44-year-old Johnny Yelverton told a Wichita police detective that he started a romantic involvement with the girl who was in some of his classes in late March. The affidavit also says explicit photos of the girl were found on his phone after the girl’s family went to police.
Yelverton is charged with sexual exploitation of a child and having unlawful sexual relations with a student. Before his resignation last month, he taught fire science and law and public safety courses to Maize High School and Maize South High School students at the Maize Career Academy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com