Police say four adults and five children were taken to the hospital after a minivan crashed near the entrance to a Connecticut amusement park
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Police say four adults and five children were taken to the hospital after a minivan crashed near the entrance to a Connecticut amusement park.
The van struck a fence just outside Lake Compounce in Bristol at about 8 p.m. Sunday. No other vehicles were involved.
Police said Monday the van had just left the park and speed appears to be a factor.
All the occupants got out of the van, some with the help of passers-by, before firefighters from Southington and Bristol arrived at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
The injured were transported to several area hospitals. Police say the injuries are not life threatening. No names or ages were released.
The van sustained heavy front end damage and had to be towed from the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.