Arkansas State Police say a Florida man is among four people killed in an auto-train collision in northeast Arkansas
WYNNE, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas State Police say a Florida man is among four people killed in an auto-train collision in northeast Arkansas.
Authorities say the crash Saturday night occurred on a private drive in the Tilton community of Cross County when a train collided with a car attempting to cross the road at a rail crossing.
Police say the driver of the vehicle was John Miller of Orange Park, Florida. Three passengers in his vehicle are identified as Joetta Honey, of Jonesboro, and Nicholas and Kayanna Newton, both of McCrory. Their ages aren’t immediately available.
Authorities tell Jonesboro television station KAIT the weather was clear and road dry at the time of the accident about 90 miles (144.83 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Gunman kills 19 children, 2 teachers in Texas school rampage
- Another, faster-spreading omicron subvariant dominates new COVID cases in U.S.
- Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
- Live updates | Slain child's father: Police were unprepared
- Seattle accountant retires on cruise ships to save money
Information from: KAIT-TV, http://www.kait8.com/