Two Central Texas men have been identified as victims of a small plane crash in West Texas
ROTAN, Texas (AP) — Two Central Texas men have been identified as victims of a small plane crash in West Texas.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says 33-year-old Dallas Lee McMahon, of Austin, and 38-year-old Jay Robert Liesbon, of Burnet, were killed when their single-engine aircraft plummeted into a canyon on a ranch outside Rotan on Friday.
Fisher County Sheriff Alan Arnwine says the plane hit a power line. It took authorities on an all-terrain vehicle nearly two hours to reach the site in a rugged area.
Rotan is about 100 miles (160.93 kilometers) southeast of Lubbock.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground