A 16-year-old has been indicted on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old in Kentucky
LAFAYETTE, Ky. (AP) — A 16-year-old has been indicted on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old during a robbery in Kentucky.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports the teen was indicted Monday for the Feb. 6 slaying of Kevin Olmeda-Ortiz, who was shot in the head and died in an ambulance. The indictment also alleges that he wounded another 15-year-old, who was treated at a hospital.
Lexington Police say the indictment also charges the 16-year-old with first-degree robbery and says that “in the course of committing theft, he used or threatened the immediate use of physical force.” The teenager is being held in juvenile detention pending a June 1 arraignment. The Associated Press generally does not identify juvenile criminal defendants.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com