NEW YORK (AP) — The Material Girl will pay tribute to The Purple One with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month.
Billboard and dick clark productions told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Madonna will honor Prince at the May 22 show. Specific details about the performance weren’t revealed.
Prince was found dead on April 21 in his suburban Minneapolis home at age 57.
The Billboard Awards will air live on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ludacris and Ciara will host the show, which will include performances by Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, the Go-Go’s, Celine Dion and Pink.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Police seize guns in Snohomish County from man accused of 'preparing for race war'
- Pelosi takes charge of photo Trump meant as degrading
- 1 dead after plane landing on Alaska island went off runway
- Iowa man finds 5 inches of animal blood flooding basement
- Deputies: Naked man wreaked havoc on business, then showered
Nominees for top artist include Adele, Bieber, Drake, Taylor Swift and the Weeknd.
Prince performed at the 2013 Billboard Awards, where he received the icon award.