METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Louisiana officials say an early morning fire has killed an 82-year-old man and his 56-year-old son.
The Jefferson Parish Coroner’s chief investigator, Mark Bone, says in an email that Lisle (LYLE) House and his son, Timothy House, both died from smoke inhalation.
Parish spokesman Antwan Harris says in a news release that the fire was reported about 3 a.m. Thursday in the first-floor apartment in Metairie (MET-uh-ree), a New Orleans suburb.
He says seven people escaped unharmed from the other three apartments.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events